Wednesday, December 2, 2009

So yesterday was the first time I stepped into All Saints Old Folks Home for cip. I was quite excited because I finally thought that I'd be getting some hours. So I met pc at 8.30 and waited for a few others. Make a couple of new friends! They were so friendly and nice. Most of them were from Greenview. Oh wait Huimin's from Nan chiau. Just saw her fb friend request hehe.

I was with Jaenine for the first few hours in All Saints Home. The elderlys were playing some sort of passing the ball game. It was really enjoyable to see them play. Once they're out, we have to push them out of the circle in their wheelchair. And it was my first time pushing a wheelchair! Some were quite heavy and I had a super hard time pushing them!! I keep laughing at them because everyone of them did not want to lose so they will pass the ball very fast. We played with them too, and its cool to see them enjoying themselves so much. I like the smiles on their face.

There's karaoke session too. After that we push them to their wards. And we went to the Rehab center to rest. The rehab center was quite nice, with television and comfortable sofa chairs. Could see the elderlys exercising their hands and legs too. To keep themselves fit. We talked with our new friends, laughed, and fold clothes at the same time.

Hahahahaha there was this conversation downstairs, which cracked me up. Kenneth wanted to call someone.

"Hello Auntie"
"Eh why you call her auntie!"
"Oh okok Xiao Jie"
"Hoi Xiao Jie is prostitute in China leh!!!"
".......... um Miss"

LOL

We even clean wheelchairs. Oh which reminds me hahahahaha! I was pushing an elderly in the wheelchair and I push push push, and I did not realise that while I was pushing, his slipper dropped off and was left behind. But I did not know! And we couldn't communicate because he cannot talk. Then pc saw and said "Eh his slippers!!!" HAHAHAHAHA

Played bingo with them, i love that game. The elderly beside me kept nudging me to help her see if she got strike. Then when someone bingo, they'll happily say "Bingo BINGO!!!" Aww man :)

What inspired me the most was those who went to help at All Saints Home had more than 100 hours already. Yew chang had 400+ hours!! Yet they still come down together and help the elderly out of their own will. I'm going to help out on thurs, fri, mon, tues, wed. If I can make it. Helping out the elderlys during my holidays doesn't sound like a bad idea. Especially when you see them smile, really warms my heart.

Rushed to town to meet Joan. Visited her at work and waited for her shift to end hahaha aww man i'm so sweet. Walked along the roads with pretty lightings, then had dinner at The Soup Spoon :) Trying to find our way to get out of Ion and walked to fareast. Really had my leg aching!

Was so tired and I slept after I got home. Woke up early today but I'm still tired whyyyyy :(

No comments: